Engine House No. 5
Spectrum General Contrators (GC), SLATERPAULL Architects (Owner)
Lower Downtown Historic District, Denver, CO
This building was constructed in 1922 as an engine house for the City and County of Denver and was in continuous use ever since. It was purchased by SLATERPAULL Architects with the intent to adaptively reuse the building for the company’s offices. APCO Electric successfully completed this design-build project that involved an innovative energy efficient design that was named as the first LEED Platinum historic building in Colorado. APCO Electric provided complete new 1200amp service, new lighting and lighting controls, new branch power and provided and installed private metering devices.